Saturday, January 21, 2012

skirts, embroidery and more king cake

i decided to make 2 practice skirts before i made my mardi gras skirt in case i messed up.  i found free instructions online that looked pretty simple.  i ended up  altering them a little bit per usual.  the end result was that the skirts are reversible!! this was exciting to me especially since it was a happy accident.  so now i have 3 handmade skirts...not sure if i'll keep the first two or sell them. 
i also finished another embroidery as well as a strawberry king cake from Antoine's.  i'll take a pic of all our king cake babies next time.  I kinda feel like i'm playing the game Life except my babies won't fit in my pink car.  and i don't get to go to millionaire's row at the end.  well....maybe, we'll see.
this collage features a plastic package from a vintage headband.  this was a gift from a friend.  love that people see old garbage and save it for me!  i also used a friendship pin from the forth grade.  yes, i still have all of them and no i'm not a hoarder.  the pic of the guy is a vintage estate sale find- it came from a instructional knitting booklet.  he thinks he's such a player and it cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment