Friday, October 7, 2011

city adventures

as i mentioned in my last post, i'm living in a new city.  i FINALLY took my camera out instead of just my smart phone to capture a few sights!  there are SO many good things to see here in NOLA that i really need to carry my camera EVERYDAY.  i am especially drawn to old original tile floors and have taken some pics, again, only on my phone.  i find them VERY inspirational...print, fabric design, i guess it's all kinda related.
this may seem like just another downtown street lamp but it's one of millions, YES millions, of fleur de lis symbols on EVERYTHING here!!  (p.s.i just ordered a bunch of new fabric to support the local love)
random fish on the side of a building.  no, not an aquarium.  i guess i didn't catch the name or business but i don't think it had anything to do with fish and it made me smile!
Lafeyette Square Park where TONS of festivals are held.

Jackson Square in the French Quarter
i finally went in here!!  i walked to the farmer's market and noticed they had a harvest tent set up outside and decided to venture in.  i've walked by this several times but never stopped in even though my face was glued to the display windows.  beautiful hand blown glass!!  i've always wanted to take print making...a class i regret not taking in college!  maybe some day....

No comments:

Post a Comment