Tuesday, December 20, 2011

market recap

this is REALLY late, i know.....but i've been in Ohio visiting family for an early xmas, getting a new order into Wildcard and working.  oh yeah....working.

i wanted to share pics of the Freret Street market i did on dec. 10th.  holy crap that was 10 days ago.
first off i was busting ass to make stuff.  you never know what will sell and want to have lots of everything!  i managed to get all my tags done in my new stamp and redid my old bags that had a jilsy designs stamp.  i recycled the other side of tags i had pre stamped with my old jilsy stamp for pricing.  recycling makes me happy.

the market was AMAZING!!!  i was so happy it all went off pretty smoothly.  i remembered everything, met up with a friend to help each other with tents and sold LOTS.  thank goodness because it's my only holiday show this year.  my crafty neighbors were SO nice and i don't think i had one cranky customer.  not that i usually do.  except for that one time an old lady fake punched me in the face over a $10 eyeglass case.  seriously.

i was super happy with my set up but am always thinking of new ways to cut down on trips to and from the car.  i'm thinking of investing in a cart from u-line.  they have one that collapses in half that isn't too badly priced.  i had a last minute vision of using big binder rings to displays large bags from the tent bars but couldn't find any at target so i still brought my rolling rack.  i did alter my usual display a little bit by adding a cork board in the center to hang my embroidery and collages on.  since my collages have been in embroidery hoops more lately than canvas and stretchers i couldn't use my old display.
now i need to get serious and look into more markets to apply to for spring to keep this momentum moving forward.

on a side note i made my niece a jacket for her pug.  i was so excited to see if it fit once i got there because i was just looking at a pic and having my sister send me measurements.  it fit pretty well but needs some adjustments for long term wear.  it slid down a bit in the front so i just need to sew that part a little higher.  so freaking cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment