Thursday, March 22, 2012

day 30 of my 30 day challenge...

they say if you do something for 30 days straight it becomes a habit.  here's hoping creating at least 1 item a day is now a habit for me!

some things i've learned from taking on this challenge....
 *mondays are the hardest day for me.  i usually work and grocery shop and sometimes exercise so there's not alot of time left for crafting.  maybe that's my one day off.
*a migraine can still screw up my whole day=my only FAIL moment where i was sick and didn't get to make something.
*((as much as i love lists)) sometimes having a list seriously stresses me out.  even though i know that's what i NEED to make i really need to throw away the list and let creating be organic.  or else it feels like a job i don't want.
 *my sewing machine is really loud so i can't sew while chris is sleeping.  bummer.

this challenge reminds me of college in a way...  sometimes when it was time for a studio class i didn't feel like going.  well i went anyways and made myself create and then felt like oh yeah, i DO want to be doing this.  we all get lazy, we all get caught up with life but i find if i just walk into my studio most days i am inspired to do SOMETHING.  if my brain isn't feeling particularly creative then maybe i just work on price tags or researching shows.  there's always something related and even though i love my crafting i am after all, trying to make it my business.  ok, i guess it is already a business but i just mean a more successful (i.e. earn more income) business.

i am really rambeling on right now....oh man.  i was wide awake at 4am this morning.  read a little and then said forget it, i'm gonna start sewing the stuff i cut out last night.  i sewed for 7 hours straight.  didn't get dressed, forgot to brush my teeth, didn't eat--just sewed with a mission.  i cranked out 5 handbags this morning and now...well, now i'm crashing and i think i'll take a nap.

these are the bags i got made...
another thing i've learned...i like crafty challenges.  i like challenges in life- i get bored way too easy so this was very, very good.  i think i may do another one soon.  i just need to decide what one it's gonna be.

No comments:

Post a Comment