Saturday, November 26, 2011

creative juices becoming bubbly....

i've been saying i'm in a creative rut because i'm so distracted by working on getting my new house settled.  i think i FINALLY came out of it yesterday!!!

it's when i'm creating for the sake of creating...not for the sake of inventory or production.  as a runner i compare it to the point when i know i'm in shape again and i get in the zone.  it's when my body and mind are in synch, when i no longer have to think about moving my legs or breathing and my mind becomes like a machine in total calmness.  it doesn't happen often but when it does it's the BEST feeling in the world!

my crafting zone yesterday was when i started cutting up scraps and piecing them together.  i started doing something else.  i made a couple barrettes, some cards and an applique pouch.  as a result i have piles of papers and scraps all over my tiny room in hopes my zone would wake up with me.  so far my zone has only wanted to drink coffee and lie around but i'm hoping it come out again.

in the meantime here are a couple pics of the silly little things that i made.


here's hoping for a productive day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment